aNobii is an online reading community built by readers for readers allowing you to shelve, find and share books. Our mission is to bring book lovers together and encourage reading.
Use the aNobii website and Apps to find your next read and tell your friends about it. Don’t worry if some of your friends aren’t on aNobii yet as we integrate with Facebook and Twitter.
The word “aNobii” comes from Anobium Punctatum, the Latin name for the most common bookworm.
Sign up here - it takes less than a minute and it’s free.
Like all online services, aNobii is constantly developing so watch out for new features (and bugs!)
aNobii can help you:
- Categorise what you have read, track what you are reading and log what you’d like to read through your online library.
- Find books you know you will like and books you didn’t know existed with the help of your friends and the aNobii community.
- Find readers with similar tastes and browse their shelves.
- Also browse popular, recently added and reviewed books.
- Share the reading experience by creating your own reading groups, book clubs and discussion forums through aNobii.
- Share your library and wishlist with friends through Facebook and Twitter.
- Use the aNobii badge and link to your library from your blog or website.
- Use the aNobii iPhone and Android Apps and scan the barcode on the back of any book to:
- Bring up reviews and bibliographic information (very helpful in store if you are not sure whether to buy a book).
- Add the book to your aNobii wishlist.
- Quickly load your home library into aNobii.
Try the iPhone App / iPhone App
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
If you have a suggestion or if you find something not working, please report it on our Support page
aNobii was founded in 2006. The company was acquired in 2010 by a UK start up company who have secured backing from investors led by HMV Group (owner of HMV and 50% of 7digital). HarperCollins, Penguin and The Random House Group are also supporting the company.
If you have tried our service and have any comments or feedback (the good and the bad) please contact us.