Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise, Second Edition, allows students to discover the principles of biomechanics through observation of common activities. By observing ordinary activities firsthand, students will be able to develop functional and meaningful explanations, resulting in a deeper understanding of the underlying mechanical concepts. This practical approach combines striking visual elements with clear and concise language to encourage active learning and improved comprehension.
Many new benefits are in the second edition for students and instructors alike:
· More sample problems throughout the book to illustrate problem-solving techniques
· A quick reference guide of frequently used equations printed on the inside cover
· A new chapter on technology used in the study of biomechanics
· Review questions at the end of each chapter to test the reader's understanding of important concepts
· A new instructor guide outlining each chapter and step-by-step solutions to the quantitative problems presented, as well as a test package
Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise, Second Edition, is ideal for those needing a deeper understanding of biomechanics from a qualitative perspective. Designed for students who will likely take only one course in biomechanics, the text prepares students to utilize the principles of biomechanics as professionals in the physical activity field. Thoroughly updated and expanded, Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise, Second Edition, makes the biomechanics of physical activity easy to understand and apply....Continua