This is the MCMS book for developers. It is an end-to-end guide to creating a Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 website. No prior knowledge of MCMS is requiredthis book takes you from the basics of MCMS, guiding you through everything ...
you need to create a fully featured, content-rich website.
An example site is developed throughout the book, at every point providing clear and practical demonstrations of the relevant ideas. Once you have mastered the basics, the book leads you on to more advanced techniques, allowing you to get the most from this powerful system.
Years of active participation in MCMS newsgroups and mailing lists mean that the authors hard-won experience puts them in the ideal position to tell you what you really need to know to master the system.
Containing answers to some of the most asked questions in developer newsgroups, this book is a treasure trove of tricks and tips for solving the problems that you will face as an MCMS developer.
What you will learn from this book:
* The basic concepts of MCMS
* Preparing, installing, and configuring MCMS and its supporting technologies
* Creating an MCMS website from scratch
* Creating and debugging templates files and channel-rendering scripts
* Working with dynamic navigation
* Establishing user roles and rights
* Authoring with MCMS and improving the authoring experience
* Understanding and customizing workflow
* Working with the Publishing API
* Site deployment techniques
* Enhancing your site's performance with caching
Who this book is written for:
This book is written for developers who are part of organizations that have decided to evaluate or deploy MCMS and require the skills to make it happen. The book presumes a working knowledge of the .NET Framework and familiarity with the C# language, but no prior knowledge of MCMS is required. To use this book, you will need access to Visual Studio .NET 2002 or 2003, SQL Server 2000, and an installation of MCMS 2002.
Number of pages: 638
Date of publication: 31/10/2004
- ISCRIVITI AD ANOBII -
Ti piace Building Websites With Microsoft Content Management Server? Iscriviti ad aNobii per vedere chi dei tuoi amici lo ha letto, e scopri libri simili!