In order to run projects successfully, project managers need to master more than the requisite technical knowledge. The more complex the project, the more significant their interpersonal skills become to achieving a successful outcome. Without the people skills necessary to lead effectively, even the most carefully orchestrated project can quickly fall apart.
Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers introduces readers to the basic concepts of emotional intelligence and shows how to apply them to their project goals. Readers will learn how to:
* set the tone and direction for the project
* communicate more effectively
* improve listening skills
* create a positive work environment
* motivate, coach, and mentor team members
* productively handle stress, criticism, and blame
* and more.
Complete with hands-on exercises, checklists and self-assessments, this handy guide enables project managers to apply these important skills to their projects right away.