Engaging the Online Learners includes an innovative framework—the Phases of Engagement—that helps instructors become more involved as knowledge generators and cofacilitators of a course. The book also provides specific ideas for tested activities ...
r tested activities (collected from experienced online instructors across the nation) that can go a long way to improving online learning. Engaging the Online Learner offers the tools and information needed to:
· Convert classroom activities to an online environment and use online activities in a classroom-based course
· Assess the learning that occurs as a result of collaborative activities
· Phase-in activities that promote engagement among online learners
· Help online learners use online tools
· Build peer interaction through peer partnerships and team activities