* Special editing modes for 25 programming languages including Java, Perl, C, C++, Objective C, Fortran, Lisp, Scheme, and Pascal.
* Special scripting language modes for Bash, other common shells, and creating Makefiles for GNU/Linux, UNIX, Windows/DOS and VMS systems.
* Support for typing and displaying in 21 non-English languages, including Chinese, Czech, Hindi, Hebrew, Russian, Vietnamese and all Western European languages.
* Creates Postscript output from plain text files and has special editing modes for LaTeX and TeX
* Compile and debug from inside Emacs
* Maintain program ChangeLogs
* Extensive file merge and diff functions
* Directory navigation: flag, move and delete files and sub-directories recursively.
* Run shell commands from inside Emacs, or even use Emacs as a shell itself (Eshell)
* Set up tag tables
* Version control management for release and beta versions, with CVS and RCS integration and much more!
This book picks up where the introductory on-line tutorial included with Emacs ends. It explains the full range of Emacs' power and contains reference material useful to expert users. Appendixes with specific material for MacIntosh and Microsoft OS users are included....Continua