Global Mind Change startles us into reconsidering the role of consciousness in major areas of human concern: science and education, spirituality and consciousness research, health and healing, psychology and psychotherapy, economics and management. ...
Revolutions are generally thought of as large-scale, bloody upheavals involving whoe countries and societies. B there are quieter revolutions that begin in the individual mind and create the kind of change that may be even more significant. By deliberately changing their internal image of reality, people are transforming the world. Right now we are living through one of the most fundamental shifts in histroy-a change in the actual belief structure of Western industrial society. Global Mind Change, first published in 1988, connects every major field of human endeavor in its exploration of the possibilities for social transformation through internal change. Harman, whose career spanned both the technical (electrical engineering) and psychological sciences, examines the role of consciousness in five areas:
- Mature science, which validates subjective, religious, and spiritual insights along with objective data as a way of describing reality
- Spirituality and consciousness research, which shows the compatibility between the world's religions and the insights of thousands of years of exploration of consciousness
- Health and healing, where the mind's role is increasingly recognized as a crucial influence on human wellnqess
- Psychology and psychotherapy, where research into unexplained phenomena and exceptional mental and physical abilities proves the only human limits are those we believe in
- Economics and management, where managers are utilizing brain-mind research to release employees' creativity, and corporations are addressing global issues of poverty, security, and the environment
Number of pages: 200
Date of publication: 01/08/1998
- ISCRIVITI AD ANOBII -
Ti piace Global Mind Change? Iscriviti ad aNobii per vedere chi dei tuoi amici lo ha letto, e scopri libri simili!