Four respected scholars discuss the institution from different perspectives, with a view to reconstructing the Greeks' own attitudes toward pederasty in their full complexity and chronological evolution.
* Thomas K. Hubbard, Pederasty and Democracy: The Marginalization of a Social Practice
* H. A. Shapiro, Leagros and Euphronios: Painting Pederasty in Athens
* David B. Dodd, Athenian Ideas about Cretan Pederasty
* S. Sara Monoson, The Allure of Harmodius and Aristogeiton
* Thomas K. Hubbard, tr., A Medley of Greek Verse