Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
By J.K. Rowling
Like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ?
Join aNobii to see if your friends read it, and discover similar books!
It's hard to fall in love with an earnest, appealing young hero like Harry Potter and then to watch helplessly as he steps into terrible danger! And in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the much anticipated sequel to the Continue
It's hard to fall in love with an earnest, appealing young hero like Harry Potter and then to watch helplessly as he steps into terrible danger! And in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the much anticipated sequel to the award-winning Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, he is in terrible danger indeed. As if it's not bad enough that after a long summer with the horrid Dursleys he is thwarted in his attempts to hop the train to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to begin his second year. But when his only transportation option is a magical flying car, it is just his luck to crash into a valuable (but clearly vexed) Whomping Willow. Still, all this seems like a day in the park compared to what happens that fall within the haunted halls of Hogwarts.
Chilling, malevolent voices whisper from the walls only to Harry, and it seems certain that his classmate Draco Malfoy is out to get him. Soon it's not just Harry who is worried about survival, as dreadful things begin to happen at Hogwarts. The mysteriously gleaming, foot-high words on the wall proclaim, "The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir, Beware." But what exactly does it mean? Harry, Hermione, and Ron do everything that is wizardly possible--including risking their own lives--to solve this 50-year-old, seemingly deadly mystery. This deliciously suspenseful novel is every bit as gripping, imaginative, and creepy as the first; familiar student concerns--fierce rivalry, blush-inducing crushes, pedantic professors--seamlessly intertwine with the bizarre, horrific, fantastical, or just plain funny. Once again, Rowling writes with a combination of wit, whimsy, and a touch of the macabre that will leave readers young and old desperate for the next installment. (Ages 9 and older) --Karin Snelson
- English Books
- Mass Market Paperback 352 Pages
- ISBN-10: 0439420105
- ISBN-13: 9780439420105
- Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
- Publish date: 2002-10-01
- Dimensions: 129 mm x 645 mm x 1,096 mm Just how big is that?
- Also available as: Paperback , Hardcover , Audio CD , Audio Cassette , School & Library Binding , Others , eBook
- In other languages: other languages 繁體書 , 简体书 , 和書 , Livres Français , Deutsche Bücher , Libros en Español , Livros em Português , llibres en català , Libri Italiani , Danske bøger , Российские Книги , Nederlandse Boeken , Česká kniha , Türk kitap , Norske Bøker , Polskie Książki , Svenska böcker , Suomenkielisiä kirjoja , Libros en Galego , Ελληνικά βιβλία , Magyar könyv , Hrvatski knjiga , Român carte , كتب , हिन्दी पुस्तकें , Slovenské knihy , Latviešu grāmatas , Euskal Liburuak