Whatever the reason for implementing knowledge management (KM) in your organisation you must have a clear understanding of the many factors that will affect its success as a project.
Like no other management strategy, effective KM relies on Whatever the reason for implementing knowledge management (KM) in your organisation you must have a clear understanding of the many factors that will affect its success as a project.
Like no other management strategy, effective KM relies on acceptance from the people within your organisation, introducing appropriate processes to facilitate and encourage knowledge capture and management, and integration of the right technology and tools for the job.
Our new report Implementing a successful KM programme, is designed specifically to provide a step-by-step guide to initiating and managing a project of this kind. Each of the key stages is explored, the potential pitfalls are explained, the necessary research is outlined and all relevant resources that will help you in reaching your targets are listed at length including associations, communities, news feeds, periodicals and training providers.
Implementing a successful KM programme will:
• Take you through identifying the drivers for a KM plan;
• Help you answer the 9 key questions that will define the parameters, tools and requirements of your km programme;
• Use those answers to plan your new KM strategy;
• Provide a detailed list of commitments you must gain from senior management to ensure buy-in at every level of the organisation;
• Demonstrate how to create and execute your implementation plan;
• Look in-depth at all of the people, process and technology components you will need to utilise;
• Provide a basic understanding of how to create, build and sustain knowledge sharing communities.
Successful, knowledge management can improve internal communication, reduce duplication of effort, boost productivity, reduce risk from staff turnover, add value to your client relationships and have a genuine impact on competitiveness and profitability.
This report can help you achieve some, if not all, of these benefits for your organisation.
If you are considering initiating a knowledge management programme Stan Garfield’s Implementing a successful KM programme is an essential introduction to the subject area. A checklist for success, this vital textbook can ensure the time and energy invested in your project returns dividends. ...Continua Nascondi