* Begins with an interview in which design expert Don Norman details his vision of "making technology invisible."
* Includes an eight-page, full-color insert containing screen shots, product diagrams, and other illustrations.
* Presents inside accounts of information appliance success stories including:
* An interview with Rob Haitani, lead interaction designer of the original PalmPilot
* The design and evaluation methodologies behind Nokia's mobile phones
* The high-level information appliance design considerations emphasized by Sun Microsystems
* Essential reading for interaction designers, human factors engineers, usability specialists, software engineers and project managers working in all of these areas.