With the wit, tact, and wisdom that have made Miss Manners a household name, America's foremost authority on civilized behavior takes you through every aspect of your personal, professional, and social life with ease and charm.
From somewhat classic queries:
* What do I wear to a job interview/felony trial/jacuzzi?
* Where does the soup spoon/seafood fork/butter knife go?
To comments on truly modern phenomena:
* Call waiting is like a child screaming for attention
* Leaky earphones are the equivalent of humming
To strictly personal do's and don'ts:
* Don't communicate everything in a marriage ("I had the wildest dream about a man at my office...")
* Do continue the ancient custom of mealtimes, that is, breakfast, lunch, and dinner
And professional guidelines:
* Don't start grabbing company property after being fired
* If a candy dish is on the visitor's side of a receptionist's desk, it is for visitors...
Miss Manners offers consistently sound, sage advice to her Gentle Readers.
With a tipping guide (including coat checks and pizza deliveries), sections devoted to both traditional and nontraditional households, details on protocol for ceremonies and celebrations, invitations and disinvitations, insights on courtship and romance, and much more, this is the comprehensive guide to a kinder, gentler, more civilized society.