Like Othello ?
Join aNobii to see if your friends read it, and discover similar books!
Though this great tragedy of unsurpassed intensity and emotion is played out against Renaissance splendor, its story of the doomed marriage of a Venetian senator’s daughter, Desdemona, to a Moorish general, Othello, is especially relevant to mo Continue
Though this great tragedy of unsurpassed intensity and emotion is played out against Renaissance splendor, its story of the doomed marriage of a Venetian senator’s daughter, Desdemona, to a Moorish general, Othello, is especially relevant to modern audiences. The differences in race and background create an initial tension that allows the horrifyingly envious villain Iago methodically to promote the “green-eyed monster” jealousy, until, in one of the most deeply moving scenes in theatrical history, the noble Moor destroys the woman he loves–only to discover too late that she was innocent.
Each Edition Includes:
• Comprehensive explanatory notes
• Vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship
• Clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary readers to understand the Elizabethan English
• Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance histories
• An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with an extensive filmography
From the Paperback edition.
- English Books
- Audio Cassette
- ISBN-10: 0679449272
- ISBN-13: 9780679449270
- Publisher: Modern Library
- Publish date: 1996-08-01
- Also available as: Mass Market Paperback , Paperback , Hardcover , Audio CD , Library Binding , School & Library Binding , Softcover , Unbound , Others , eBook
- In other languages: other languages Livres Français , Deutsche Bücher , Libros en Español , Libri Italiani , Российские Книги , Nederlandse Boeken , Polskie Książki , Suomenkielisiä kirjoja , हिन्दी पुस्तकें