Popular Music: The Key Concepts presents a comprehensive A-Z glossary of the main terms and concepts used in the study of popular music. The book includes definitions of:
* key musical genres, from bhangra to punk rock
* musical subcultures, from hippies to Goths
* methodologies, from Marxism to postmodernism
* musicological terms, from sound to harmony
* musical phenomena, from girl groups to concept albums
Each entry includes suggestions for further reading and listening and is cross-referenced with related concepts.