Now, veteran experience consultants Diana LaSalle and Terry A. Britton take businesses from concept to practice, offering a tactical guide to creating value-adding experiences around any product or service-whether the offering is candles or computers, catering services or consulting advice.
The authors argue that most managers remain stuck in a "features and benefits" mentality that zeroes in on what a product does. That focus needs to shift, they say, to what a product or service offers and how it affects customers' lives. LaSalle and Britton provide a hands-on model for understanding the relationship between value and experience, and then show how companies can leverage that knowledge to transform ordinary products and services into experiences that customers consider extraordinary-even priceless.
Drawing from extensive research and the stories of experience pioneers, the authors introduce new systems-the "Experience Engagement Process" and the "Experience Event Matrix"-businesses can use to:
- Evaluate the entire consumption experience through the customers' eyes
- Better understand what various customer groups value and why
- Identify areas where new dimensions of value can be added to an offering
- Eliminate customer sacrifice and increase rewards at every stage of the process
- Align products, service, and environment to deliver a complete value experience
- Translate experience creation into bottom-line profits
Lively, practical, and entertaining, Priceless helps managers, marketers, and strategists recognize exactly what customers want and how to deliver it. We'll never look at what we sell-or buy-the same way again.
Diana LaSalle and Terry A. Britton are founding partners of True North Strategies, a Savannah-based experience consulting firm....Continua