Lose weight, feel fitter, lower your cholesterol, and enjoy the foods you never thought you'd eat again! A rasher of bacon, a juicy steak, a wedge of cheese, a buttery omelet...Now, a team of pioneering doctors shows you how their groundbreaking, ...
protein-rich eating plan succeeds where low-fat diets fail-- to help you take off the weight and achieve optimal health naturally, without counting fat grams, without worrying about fat percentages, and without going up the foods you love! Finally, a diet you can live with that works.
Based on cutting-edge research, this revolutionary, medically sound, deliciously satisfying plan has already helped thousands of patients lose weight and achieve other lifesaving health benefits, including lower cholesterol and blood pressure readings and an improvement or reversal of common disorders such as heart disease, adult-onset diabetes, and gout. Developed by Doctors Michael and Mary Dan Eades, the simple regimen calls for a new way of eating: a protein-rich, moderate-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that will have you feeling better and more energetic within a week, and correct blood sugar levels, high blood pressure, and elevated cholesterol within three weeks.
Here, the Eades show you why their plan is so potent: how it works with your body's metabolic biochemistry; how it brings powerful metabolic hormones, including insulin, into balance; and why this balance is necessary to achieve permanent weight loss and free you from reliance on costly and dangerous medications to control blood pressure and cholesterol.
Divided into two phases, one for those who need to lose 20 percent of their body weight or more, and the other for those closer to their ideal weight who simply wish to recompose their muscle-fat ratio and embark on a healthier lifestyle, the Eades' regimen relies on a tasty, filling, nutritionally complete diet that even allows for the consumption of alcohol-- in moderation. Their breakthrough system of counting carbohydrates gives you many more food options than other low-carbohydrate programs. And they accompany their diet with an invaluable program of strength-building exercises and tips for maintaining motivation. To help you put their plan into action, the Eades provide:
* complete, satisfying meal plans, suitable for family dinners or formalentertaining
* a Daily Meal Outline to keep track of your food selections
* tips on making the best selections at fine restaurants or fast food chains
* a minicookbook filled with nearly 100 easy-to-prepare and tasty recipes, from TexMex Cheese Flan with Chunky Salsa and Coconut Salmon to Irish Lace Cookie and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
* ways to modify the foods you love the most to make them fit your diet plan
* recipes for snack foods that can actually improve your health
* supplements that will jump-start your metabolism to burn fat
* a rapid recovery program for planned celebrations or holiday overindulgence
If you've been living the low-fat, no-fat way and still haven't lost weight (or been able to maintain weight loss), still have elevated blood pressure and cholesterol still feel fatigued and bloated--stop blaming yourself! Instead, turn to the Eades' breakthrough eating plan and let them help you regain your health and vitality--and show you how to maintain these benefits for a lifetime.