The Bonesetter's Daughter
By Amy Tan
Like The Bonesetter's Daughter ?
Join aNobii to see if your friends read it, and discover similar books!
“The Bonesetter’s Daughter dramatically chronicles the tortured, devoted relationship between LuLing Young and her daughter Ruth. . . . A strong novel, filled with idiosyncratic, sympathetic characters, haunting images, historical Continue
“The Bonesetter’s Daughter dramatically chronicles the tortured, devoted relationship between LuLing Young and her daughter Ruth. . . . A strong novel, filled with idiosyncratic, sympathetic characters, haunting images, historical complexity, significant contemporary themes, and suspenseful mystery.”
–Los Angeles Times
“TAN AT HER BEST . . . Rich and hauntingly forlorn . . . The writing is so exacting and unique in its detail.”
–San Francisco Chronicle
“For Tan, the true keeper of memory is language, and so the novel is layered with stories that have been written down–by mothers for their daughters, passing along secrets that cannot be said out loud but must not be forgotten.”
–The New York Times Book Review
“AMY TAN [HAS] DONE IT AGAIN. . . . The Bonesetter’s Daughter tells a compelling tale of family relationships; it layers and stirs themes of secrets, ambiguous meanings, cultural complexity and self-identity; and it resonates with metaphor and symbol.”
–The Denver Post
- English Books
- Mass Market Paperback 416 Pages
- ISBN-10: 0804114986
- ISBN-13: 9780804114981
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- Publish date: 2002-01-29
- Dimensions: 193 mm x 709 mm x 1,160 mm Just how big is that?
- Also available as: Paperback , Hardcover , Audio CD , Audio Cassette , Library Binding , School & Library Binding , Softcover , Others , eBook
- In other languages: other languages 繁體書 , Libros en Español , llibres en català , Libri Italiani