Within 20 years -- possibly far sooner -- China will have the world's largest economy. That will powerfully impact you: your job, your company, your economic future, and your country. In The Chinese Century, Oded Shenkar shows how China is restoring ...
its imperial glory by infusing modern technology and market economics into a non-democratic system controlled by the Communist party and bureaucracy.
Shenkar shows why China's accelerating growth differs radically from predecessors such as Japan, India, and Mexico -- and how it will lead to a radical restructuring of the global business system. Discover why the U.S. is most vulnerable to China's ascent... how China's disregard for intellectual property creates sustainable competitive advantage... and how China's growth impacts every global business and consumer.
Above all, Shenkar shows what you must do to survive and prosper in "the Chinese Century."
· Cheap labor + millions of high-skilled professionals
· How China will sustain dominance in low-tech industries as it enters high-tech realms
· Building tomorrow's Toyotas and Sonys... faster and cheaper
· Chinese multinationals: learning from joint ventures, preparing to lead
· Leveraging Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and the "Chinese diaspora"
· Bringing together the world's most powerful pool of human resources
· $2 Rolexes, and beyond
· Piracy, counterfeiting, bootlegging, and stolen intellectual property
· From economics to geopolitics: counterbalancing America