Through insider knowledge, inspirational wisdom, and useful examples, the man who chooses those cartoons (and contributes many of the funniest ones himself) answers the question, "How can I be more creative and funnier?", and others in the first book to use cartooning as a means of exploring the creative process.
"Everything I need to know in life I learned from cartoons," says the opinionated, eccentric and devastatingly funny Bob Mankoff in this entertaining journey through the art, craft and Zen of cartooning. With the help of many other well-known cartoonists, Mankoff discusses, dissects and depicts such topics as:
- How to develop your creativity and your natural talents
- How to find your own particular voice and message
- How to learn from the cartoon masters of the past and present
- What a cartoon is (and what it is not)
- What makes a good cartoon work
- How to market cartoons-and more.
Featuring lots of art-drawings, photos, panel cartoons and doodles-on every extravagant page, this breezy yet info-packed book also includes lots of Bob's personal anecdotes about his development as an artist and smart aleck, and about life at the world's most urbane magazine....Continua