..She has written about the clash of cultures, the gross injustices of racial [and is this book, gender?] inequality, the struggle among opposing elements within an individual's own personality, and the conflict between the individual conscience and the collective good......Continua
2. can't say i really love it. can't say it's not good either. not bcoz it's lessing. but just bcoz this kind is not my cup of tea.
3. the structure of the novel is intriguing. that our heroine keeps differnt notebooks which dedicated to different slices of her life seperately. the golden notebook is her effort to pull all her parts together.
4. isn't is funny to see how intellectuals in 50s split up among themselves and split up in their own selfs. the world's really changing too fast? ideology is nthg now.
5. the part i like best in this book is the endless annoying interrogation against her own self.
6. the stories inside story are inpsiring....Continua