Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Do you like To the Nines ?
Join aNobii to see if your friends read it, and discover similar books!
Stephanie stavolta è alle prese con un immigrato illegale scomparso, che la porta fino a Las Vegas. Ma deve fare i conti con un ammiratore che le manda fiori per minacciarla, e Joe e Ranger si alleano per proteggerla, mentre Valerie è pronta per il nuovo bambino...
Quelli della Salani sono dei gran maleducati, non hanno mai risposto alle mie email per chiedere quando contano di tradurre questo libro, così ho deciso di leggerlo in inglese. Le 4 stelline sono una conseguenza, perché anche se ho capito tutto quello che succede, mi sa che mi sono persa delle sfumature che in italiano mi avrebbero divertita molto di più. Ma pazienza, per Stephanie, Joe, Ranger e nonna Mazur, questo e altro!
* Lula’s a plus-size black woman in a size-seven white world and Lula’s had a lot of practice at pulling attitude.
* “Shit, Stephanie,” Morelli finally said, hands on hips, hard set to his mouth. “Don’t tell me you’re working with Ranger again.” Morelli and I were legitimately separated when I slept with Ranger. When Morelli and I got back together, he never asked and I never told. Still, the suspicion was there and the association rankled. And beyond the suspicion, there was a very real concern that Ranger sometimes operated a tad too far left of the law. “It’s my job,” I told Morelli. “The guy’s nuts. He doesn’t have an address. The address on his driver’s license is an empty lot. And I think he kills people.” “I’m pretty sure he only kills bad guys.” “That makes me feel a lot better.”
* If someone came over to him he’d close up the computer. Probably was on some porno site. He looked like the type.” “Slimy?” “Male.
* “I hate this,” Morelli said. “Why can’t I have a girlfriend who has normal problems . . . like breaking a fingernail or missing a period or falling in love with a lesbian?”
* “I see babies,” Bella said. “Mark my words, this one is pregnant.” “That would be nice,” Joe said, “but I don’t think so. You’re getting your visions confused. Stephanie’s sister is pregnant. Right kitchen, wrong pot.” My breath stuck in my chest. Did he say it would be nice if I was pregnant?
* “I’m never in the middle of the shooting,” Joe said. “I’m plainclothes. I investigate. The only time my life is in danger is when I’m with Stephanie.”
* This is the best diet. I can eat things on this diet that I haven’t been able to eat in years.” “Like what?” “Like bacon.” “You always eat bacon.” “Yeah, but I feel guilty. It’s the guilt that puts the weight on.”
* “Anything happens to you, I have to answer to Ranger. Frankly, I’d rather take a bullet from this moron.”
* “Babe,” Ranger said, the grin widening. My arm felt like it was on fire. The entire upper half was wrapped in gauze and a fine line of blood had begun to seep through the gauze. “I’m missing a chunk of time,” I said. “What happened after I went lights out?” “Ranger and I pulled in minutes apart and we got worried when we couldn’t find you,” Morelli said. “We knew you went outside to make some calls, so we went looking for you.” “And you found me laying here unconscious and the green-haired guy dead?” “Yeah.” Again, the tight lips and flat voice. Morelli didn’t like finding me unconscious. Morelli loved me. Ranger loved me, too, but Ranger was programmed differently.
HermioneGinny said on May 10, 2015, 13:48
Serena [No rain,... said on Aug 04, 2014, 05:31
Se volete spegnere il cervello e farvi qualche sana risata, prendete un romanzo di Stephanie Plum. Non importa quale, perché tanto le storie si confondono, non so più che cosa è successo a Lula, a Joe, a Ranger, a tanti dei personaggi ricorrenti, ma sono sempre lì, con la stessa verve.
Devo tornare a farmi una cura di Evanovich.
Tabathua said on Feb 11, 2013, 17:21
Tra le visioni di Grandma Bella e tutti gli uomini di Ranger messi al tappeto uno dopo l'altro, devo dire che Stephanie ha dato il meglio di sè! Un episodio particolarmente esilarante di questa deliziosa saga!
"About Cal..." I said. "He's sort of out of commission."
"Used to be you destroyed my cars," Ranger said.
"Yeah, those were the good old days."
Peccato per l'assassino.. L'avevo indovinato ben prima della fine mentre Stephanie continuava ad intestardirsi.
louise said on Sep 11, 2012, 11:43
manua said on May 12, 2012, 13:12
AudiobookFans said on Aug 18, 2011, 14:10
Watermelon! said on Jan 13, 2009, 15:35
The one was fast paced and funny! I love her writing style. She really makes the characters come to life. At one point I laughed out loud. I couldn't put it down. I stayed up until 11 reading it.
Heather Landry said on Sep 11, 2008, 13:13