1. I like the imagination of the author. I like the dialogue of the toads, I can see a toad family discussing this. I thought the book had good humor.
2. There was not really one thing I could pick out and say that I did not like. The only thing that was more of an inconvenience was the use of Australian jargon.
3. 1) I have run over many frogs and toads in my driving career. LOL. I have never really thought about it before. I am pretty sure the mother, brother, father, aunt or uncle never came to pick it up, though my dog has brought me several dead frogs.
2) I personally hate touching frogs and toads if they are alive!! Just before school started my friend and I were swimming in my pool and there was a frog. My friend caught it and chased me around the pool. I finally ran inside and locked him out of the house.
3) Through school I have dissected probably 5 frogs and I love it.
4. I would use this book when we are talking about frogs. I could have them read it, maybe as an intro to dissecting them.