Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Do you like Twelve Sharp ?
Join aNobii to see if your friends read it, and discover similar books!
La caccia ai latitanti va a rilento, quando Stephanie viene fermata e minacciata da una donna che sostiene di essere la moglie di Ranger. Lui non risponde alle sue telefonate, e poco dopo appare al telegiornale: ha rapito sua figlia! Ma Stephanie sa che non è possibile...
Salani, da uno e dieci, ti odio quindici per aver interrotto la traduzione di questa saga! Quest'avventura è divertente, conosciamo meglio il passato di Ranger e Stephanie capisce meglio se stessa (quello che io sostengo da sempre: scegli entrambi e non sbagli!).
* On the outside Morelli is still street tough and dangerously alluring. On the inside Morelli is now the sexy guy with the toaster.
* Sometimes I moonlight for a guy named Ranger who's extremely bad in an incredibly good way. He's a security expert, and a bounty hunter, and he moves like smoke. Ranger is milk chocolate on the outside… a delicious, tempting, forbidden pleasure. And no one knows what's on the inside. Ranger keeps his own counsel.
* Of all the people you know personally, is there anyone who has a sense of right and wrong and lives by it?'
This was a sticky question because it would have to be Ranger… but I suspected he occasionally killed people. Onlybad people, of course, but still…
* I wouldn't want to have to square off with Morelli. It wouldn't end well for either of us.
* You can't sleep in my bed. It just isn't done. I have a boyfriend. He's a nice guy, but he's not good with sharing.
* 'You and Morelli have an entirely different agenda. Morelli wants to marry me, and you want to…'
I stopped because I wasn't sure what word I wanted to insert. Not that any word was necessary. We both knew what Ranger wanted.
'Babe,' Ranger said. 'What I want to do to you is no secret. And I want to do it bad. But I can think with two body parts simultaneously, and I'm not going to do anything stupid.'
'That includes marriage?'
'Marriage, pregnancy, and anything nonconsensual.'
* 'I can always count on you to brighten my day,' Ranger said.
* 'I don't suppose you want to join me?'
'That would be nice, but I have to stay here and hope there's an attempt made to kidnap me.'
'Other men have girlfriends with safe normal jobs,' Morelli said. 'Like swallowing swords and getting shot out of a cannon.' And he hung up.
* I wanted to go to sleep. Problem was… there was a man in my bed. And I didn't exactly know what to do with him. I knew what I wanted to do with him. And I knew what Ishould do with him. Unfortunately, what I wanted to do and what I should do were two very different things. Even without Morelli I'd have a dilemma deciding on a path of action with Ranger. I blew out a sigh. Stephanie, Stephanie, Stephanie, I said to myself. That's a big fib. You know exactly what you'd do about Ranger if Morelli wasn't in the picture. You'd ride him like Zorro.
* Ranger had the panic button in his hand, and he was looking my dress over. If we'd been alone, he would have slipped it into my cleavage, but Morelli was watching with his hand on his gun.
'Oh, for God's sake,' I said. 'Just give me the stupid thing.' I took the panic button and stuck it into my Super Sexy Miracle Bra.
'GPS,' Ranger said to Morelli.
'Probably I can find her breast without it,' Morelli said. 'But it's good to know there's a navigational system on board if I need it.'
* 'Everyone at the office thought the flowers were from you. Figured you'd done something bad.'
'What about you? Did you think they were from me?'
'No. You don't send makeup flowers. You send makeup pizza and beer.'
* Be brave. And if you can't be brave… fake it.
* It was really scary at first, but terror is a strange thing. It's such a strong emotion it can't sustain itself. After a while a numbness sets in, and the terror starts to feel normal. And that's a good thing because it allows you to function.
* 'Are you evicting me?'
'We have unfinished business,' Ranger said.
'We always have unfinished business. Just out of morbid curiosity, how would you define your role in my life?'
'I'm dessert,' he said.
'Something that gives me pleasure, but isn't especially good for me?'
'Something that could never be the base of your food pyramid.'
See, here's where I was in trouble. Dessert was the base of my food pyramid!
* 'Something became very clear to me when I was waiting to see who was going to walk into my apartment,' I said to Morelli.
He looked over at me.
'I love you,' I told him.
'Yeah,' Morelli said. 'I know. But it's nice to hear you say it. I love you, too.'
What wasn't said was that I also loved Ranger, but one thing at a time, right?
HermioneGinny said on Sep 14, 2016, 13:54
Loris1 said on Aug 20, 2016, 12:21
Ranger here is less Rangerish and more.. Human.
...I'm not sure I feel confortable about that, I have to make up my mind :D
(Janet Evanovich is my Go-away-thoughts author.. How does she manage every time to cheer me up? :D)
Serena [No rain,... said on May 25, 2016, 10:33
Questa puntata delle avventure di Stephanie Plum, cacciatrice di taglie, è più esilarante del solito. In certi passaggi è praticamente impossibile trattenere le risate. Una lettura piacevole e perfetta per l'ombrellone!
Simo said on Jul 11, 2015, 18:20
manua said on Jan 04, 2014, 23:01
ossicina said on Jun 03, 2013, 10:03
MagicamenteMe said on Nov 14, 2010, 10:06
Antopase said on Oct 29, 2009, 17:03