The Services are operated by Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A., a company registered in Italy (company registration and Fiscal Code no. 07012130584 ) whose registered office is at Via Bianca di Savoia 12 20122 – Milano- Italy (“we”, “us”).
For the purposes of data protection law, we are the data controller of any information received from or in connection with the Services and the other companies of Mondadori Group (such as Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, Mondadori Iniziative Editoriali, Giulio Einaudi Editore, Sperling & Kupfer Editori, Edizioni Piemme, Mondadori Electa, Mondadori Education, Monradio, Cemit, Mondadori Direct, Press-Di) are co-controllers.
If you have any requests concerning our use of your personal information or any queries with regard to our privacy practices, then please contact us at email@example.com.
1. Information that we collect
The information we collect about you when you access or otherwise use the Services falls into the following three categories:
2. Personal information you provide
We collect personal information from users of the Services through the use of on-line forms (for example when you register to create an account in order to participate in our community and connect with like-minded people), when you post comments to a message board, upload a review or add books to your shelf, download or sign up to receive a Service and every time you e-mail us your details. The personal information you provide to us may include:
- Your name, personal address and email.
- Demographic information such as age, gender and country of residence.
- State of our relation.
- Your buddy icon, photograph or image.
- Information on your reading habits and preferences, which may be used to better understand you and your lifestyle and preferences in order to serve you personalised adverts and content.
- A record of any correspondence between you and us (such as customer enquiry e-mails), or between you and other registered users of the Website or Services (such as comments posted to a user’s Shoutbox).
You may use the Services without creating an account and providing your personal information to us. However, if you choose not to create an account you may not be able to use the Services to their fullest extent. For example, you will be unable to post comments or create your own shelf.
3. Information collected automatically from your computer or other device (e.g. a mobile telephone or PDA) or provided by third parties.
When you use the Services, our web servers may automatically collect certain information from your computer or device that enables us to better understand you as a user of the Services (for example, the web browser you use and the pages that interest you) and to help us enhance your experience of the Services. The information collected automatically from your computer or device may include:
4. Information from cookies.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. The cookies may be either:
- our own ‘first party’ cookies, which are used to identify you when you use the Services, keep track of your browsing patterns, build up a demographic profile, personalise the Services and for the purpose of maintaining account log-ins and settings; or
- Services and content and adverts may be less relevant to your individual preferences.
- Your IP address, which is the unique address of your computer or device and which is automatically provided when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email. This enables us to deliver the Services you have requested. We may also use your IP address for the purpose of aggregate statistics reporting.
- Data collected from “Web beacons” including information about your journey across the Internet and your browsing behaviour around various websites, including interactions with adverts, within our network.
- Information about the type of web browser you are using (for example Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari). This helps us to deliver the Services in a way that is most compatible with your particular software.
On web site Anobii you find the folllow third party cookie
- ChartBeat (Analitycs)
- Facebook Connect (Widget)
- Google Analytics (Analitycs)
- Mixpanel (Analitycs)
- New Relic (Analytics)
Thera are the follows cookie:
- PHPSESSID (session).
- Country_ID (persistent).
- Country_name (persistent).
- home_view (persistent).
- home_view (persistent).
- person_language (persistent).
- language_book (persistent).
- firstTime (persistent).
- language (persistent).
Most browsers allow you to adjust the privacy settings to alter which cookies are accepted and the length of time such cookies are stored. The means by which you can do this varies from browser to browser, therefore please refer to your browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. However, if you decide to disable any cookies we place on your computer you may not be able to use certain
5. Information provided by third parties
The Services may allow you to pull certain information from, and share certain information through, any third party social networking accounts you have, such as accounts with Facebook and Twitter (such as information about the books or authors that you like).
In order to do so, we will require access to some of your personal information stored on these sites. However we will only access personal information you hold on third party social networking sites where you have instructed us to do so, and in accordance with the privacy permissions you have set with those third party sites to enable them to share your personal information.
If you instruct us to access personal information held with a third party social networking site, please note that your personal information held with that social networking site may become visible and accessible to other users of the Services. Similarly, depending on the privacy settings you have chosen with the third party social networking site, your use of the Services may be posted to, and become visible to other users of, that third party network site.
Please note that it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings with each third party social networking site that you instruct us to access, and we recommend that you check these before instructing us to access your personal information on any such third party social networking site.
6. Use of your personal information
We process personal information collected via your use of the Services for the purposes of:
- Providing, improving, promoting (for example by publishing your reviews together with your user name and location on other websites) and personalising the Services;
- Dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- Administering your account, including maintaining your shelf and online preferences;
- In case you have given us your consent, contacting you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information and news about products, services, special offers and events that we think may interest you, provided that this in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences; and
- In case you have given us your consent, providing your personal details to our selected third party partners so that they can contact you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information about products, services, special offers and events that they think may interest you, again provided that this is in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences.
By providing us with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, for example any notices required by law and - in case you have given us your consent - emails about books and other users we think you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive such emails you must not register for an account with us. You may change your account settings to control how other users communicate with you.
We also use certain aggregate information about our visitors to the Website and/or users of the other Services (so that no individuals are identified) to measure the effectiveness of Website content the Services, to keep track of users’ browsing patterns, to build up a demographic profile of our users, and to gather statistical information about visitors to the Website for analytical and strategic development purposes.
7. Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with:
- Other users. Your profile is visible to other aNobii users and may also be accessible via search engine listings, such as Google. If you do not wish certain information to be viewed by others, you can edit your profile information by changing your account settings here. aNobii’s “open” feature allows you to see which users have visited your bookshelves and allows other users to see if you have visited their bookshelves. By changing your account setting to ‘Anonymous’ here you may deactivate this feature.
- Other companies within the Mondadori group of companies;
- In case you have given us your consent, our business partners, including our affiliate publishers, so that they can send you marketing communications (where this is in accordance with your marketing preferences);
- Successors in title to our business or as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or re-organisation of Arnoldo Mondadori Editore spa or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
- Suppliers and services providers we engage to process data on our behalf; or
- Where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory requirement to which we are subject or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party, to a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other applicable authority.
8. International transfers
9. Linked websites
10. Your rights
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you (which may be subject to a fee specified by law). You also have the right to request that we update or delete any incorrect or out-of-date personal information we hold about you, and to opt out of any marketing communications we send to you (even if you previously consented to receive them).If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.