Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Do you like Eleven on Top ?
Join aNobii to see if your friends read it, and discover similar books!
Stephanie decide di licenziarsi da cacciatrice di taglie, non ne può più di auto esplose e pazzi maniaci. Come se fosse così facile! Un uomo che pensava morto ricomincia a perseguitarla, altre auto esplodono e dopo brevi lavori accetta di lavorare per Ranger, mentre Joe è a casa con la gamba rotta...
Salani ti odio per non continuare a tradurre Janet Evanovich!!!
Stephanie, Joe, Ranger & company vi adoro per regalarmi sempre il buonumore!
* I've been stalked by crazed killers, taunted by naked fat men, firebombed, shot at, spat at, cussed at, chased by humping dogs, attacked by a flock of Canadian honkers, rolled in garbage, and my cars get destroyed at an alarming rate. And maybe the two men in my life add to the icky feeling in my stomach. They're both Mr. Right. And they're both Mr. Wrong. They're both a little scary. I wasn't sure if I wanted a relationship with either of them. And I hadn't a clue how to choose between them. One wanted to marry me, sometimes. His name was Joe Morelli and he was a Trenton cop. Ranger was the other guy, and I wasn't sure what he wanted to do with me beyond get me naked and put a smile on my face.
*I'd been taking a time-out from Morelli and Ranger, hoping to get a better grip on my feelings, but I wasn't making much progress. It was like choosing between birthday cake and a big-boy margarita. How could I possibly decide?
* "And you also don't want to know about the fight in the funeral home between Bella and Grandma Mazur when Grandma tried to stop Bella from putting a curse on me for breaking your heart." Morelli smiled. "I've always been her favorite." "I didn't break your heart." "Cupcake, you've been breaking my heart for as long as I've known you."
* You always gotta have a gun. It's like wearing undies. You wouldn't go out of the house without undies, would you? Same thing with a gun.
* I guess a pothead wedding planner seems respectable when you have a daughter who shoots people.
* Valerie bit into her lower lip. Of course she'd eat them. She was human, wasn't she? And this was Jersey. And the Burg, for crissake. We ate chips in the Burg. We ate everything.
* "And I have a job." "I hate to ask. Your jobs have been getting progressively worse. I can't imagine who would hire you after the Cluckin-a-Bucket fiasco. Is it the personal products plant?" "It's Ranger." "That makes sense," Morelli said. "I should have guessed. I can hardly wait to hear your job description." "It's a good job. I'm doing phone work from the office. Nothing in the field. And I get to park in the Rangeman garage, so my car will be secure. Is this where you start yelling?" Morelli released me. "Hard to believe, but I'm actually relieved. I was afraid you were going to be out there trying to find Spiro today." Go figure this. "You love me," I said to Morelli. "Yeah. I love you." He looked at me expectantly. "And?" "I ... I-I-like you, too." Shit. "Jesus," Morelli said. I did a grimace. "I feel it. I just can't say it."
* Here's a basic difference between Morelli and me. My first thought was always of cake. His first thought was always of sex. Don't get me wrong. I like sex... a lot. But it's never going to replace cake.
* I'd left my gun and stun gun and pepper spray in the drawer overnight. "I forgot to take them," I said. "Forget them again, and you don't have a job." "That's harsh." "Yeah, but you can keep the key to my apartment."
* It wasn't just the shirt. It was also the gun. Morelli was going to be unhappy that I was carrying. He knew I was a moron when it came to guns. I took the jacket off and twirled for him. "What do you think?" "I'm going to kill him. Don't worry. I'll make it look like an accident." "He didn't pick out the shirt. His housekeeper picked out the shirt. She's short. It probably came to her knees." "Who picked out the gun?" "Ranger picked out the gun." "Is it loaded?" "I don't know. I didn't look." "You aren't really going to keep working for him, are you? He's a nut. Plus half his workforce has graduated from Jersey Penal," Morelli said.
* "I'm sorry to have to do this to you, but there's no we. I've just had six really bad hours looking for you. I need to know you're safe. Sitting in this house waiting for a homicidal undertaker doesn't feel safe." And he clamped the handcuff back on my wrist. "You've had enough fun for one day," he said. And the other bracelet went on Tank's wrist. "What the ..." Tank said, caught by surprise. "Take her back to the office and have Ella tend to her wrists and then take her to Morelli," Ranger told Tank.
* Morelli was grinning. "Let me get this straight," he said. "In the beginning, you basically made all the wrong assumptions about Anthony's involvement and Spiro's identity. And yet, at the end, you solved the crime." "Yeah." "Fucking amazing." "Anyway, Stiva locked me up in a casket and took me somewhere to kill me. He left so he could do one last Spiro impersonation, and while he was gone Ranger found me." "And Ranger's waiting for him to return?" "Yep." "He should have told me," Morelli said. "Probably didn't want the police involved. Ranger likes to keep things simple." "Rangers a little psycho."
HermioneGinny said on Feb 07, 2016, 16:16
Tabathua said on Jan 01, 2016, 18:41
NON HO MAI RISO COSI' TANTO (E IN MODO COSI' SGUAGLIATO) COME IN QUESTO ROMANZO!!!
Stephanie al suo top (Il titolo lo prometteva!), Morelli e Ranger più sexi che mai e così tante situazioni paradossali che ve la farete sotto dalle risate!!
Aaaah, è bello tornare a casa da te, Janet!
Serena [No rain,... said on Oct 11, 2015, 09:37
Penso che le parole di Morelli riassumano un po' tutto lo spirito del personaggio di Stephanie e di tutta la saga:
Morelli was grinning. "Let me get this straight," he said. "In the beginning, you basically made all the wrong assumptions about Anthony's involvement and Spiro's identity. And yet, at the end, you solved the crime." "Yeah." "Fucking amazing."
Doveva prendersi una pausa dal suo lavoro.. E dai due uomini nella sua vita.
Una serie di lavori uno più assurdo dell'altro e il libro che più vede Stephanie sfruttare il suo ascendente su Morelli e Ranger e sguazzarci dentro come non mai!
Il momento migliore appartiene alla nonna. Non si può fare altro che amarla nella sua follia:
Grandma fixed an eye on Morelli. "How come you don't marry her?" "Not my fault," Morelli said. "She won't marry me." "Of course it's your fault," Grandma said. "You must be doing something wrong, if you know what I mean. Maybe you need to buy a book that tells you how to do it. I hear there are books out there with pictures and everything. I saw one in the store the other day. It was called A Sex Guide for Dummies."
louise said on Sep 28, 2014, 16:15
Anche questo capitolo della saga è riuscito.
C'è una storia, c'è il ritmo, ritroviamo i personaggi di sempre e il solito dilemma: meglio il poliziotto italo-americano o il mercenario cubano??
manua said on Jul 14, 2013, 23:24