* The book has an outstanding full-color art program, including hundreds of original drawings that make it easy to understand structures, mechanisms, and processes in the brain.
* Each chapter opens with a brief narrative illustrating an important aspect of behavioral biology that will be made clear to the student by reading the rest of the chapter.
* Chapters end with a summary of the main points and offer recommended reading for students who want to learn more.
* Icons alert students to important methods, clinical issues, competing hypotheses, and instances in which genes, evolution, or neural plasticity are at work.
* Every copy comes with Learning Biological Psychology, an electronic study referenced from CD icons throughout the text.