I don't have a kid and don't want one, but I was once a kid. And this book is surprisingly good!
1. Praise the efforts, not the results
2. Embrace emotions. There is no good or bad emotions, only the behaviour need to be keep on track.
a) They don't judge emotion
b) They acknowledge the reflexive nature of emotions.
c) They know that behavior is a choice,even though an emotion is not
3. The ability to label an emotion is a great way to sooth big feelings.
4. The only thing that matter to make a person happy is his / her relationship with others. Marriage is a big boost, and definitely having a lot of good friends makes one happy!
5. Who are the persons with a lot of firend... well, you bet, the nice one!
6. Empathy Reflex:
When you firs tencournter sombody's hot feelings,
a. Describe the emotional changes you think you see.
b. Make a guess as to where and whyo fht emotion