In the grand tradition of Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot and Downsize This! comes Arianna Huffington's outrageous and hilarious tour of what really goes on in the White House out of the public eye.Welcome to Arianna's excellent adventure: On the he In the grand tradition of Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot and Downsize This! comes Arianna Huffington's outrageous and hilarious tour of what really goes on in the White House out of the public eye.
Welcome to Arianna's excellent adventure: On the heels of a small donation made to the Democratic National Committee--the result of a lost bet--she's invited to spend three days, with access as full as an intern's, in the infamous Lincoln Bedroom. Like Alice's exploits through the looking glass, Arianna's weekend in the White House wonderland is increasingly surreal, constantly titillating, and brutally funny as she encounters a parade of curiouser and curiouser surprises, including:
* The Horndog-in-Chief, Bill Clinton, who lusts after anything that moves--whether it's a zaftig intern in an overstuffed dress or a fat-cat fund-raiser with an overstuffed wallet;
* a genial Al Gore stored upright in a basement corner, ready to take over the presidency at a moment's notice--the only time he gets taken upstairs is for fund-raising calls and to have his arms rotated after every thousand calls;
* James Carville auctioning the assets of the Executive Office--from the President's underwear to the trust of the American people;
* Maya Angelou, Tipper Gore, Madonna, a giggly intern, and a Greek chorus of breastfeeding mothers joining Hillary Clinton at a tea party;
* a very interactive television that broadcasts the wildest political programming ever seen;
* an outrageous state dinner for the Chinese President that's closed to the media--and for good reason; and
* a talking cat who is a better-placed "Deep Throat" than Woodward or that Dustin Hoffman guy ever dreamed of.
Of course the star of this backstage tour is Bill Clinton himself. He and his sometime sidekick and best supporting actor Newt Gingrich reach an epoch-making bipartisan consensus that oral sex is not adultery. The President is found horsetrading in a hot tub, soul-searching during a midnight raid of the snack pantry, and otherwise devising new ways to feed his financial, carnal, and altogether insatiable appetites. And as a reminder of just how far politics and leadership have strayed, there's even a visit from the remarkably well-preserved Abraham Lincoln himself.
In the sharpest political satire since the Contract with America, Arianna Huffington takes off the gloves as she takes on the dishonesty and malfeasance of politicians of all stripes, leading us on a mind-bending tour through the White House looking glass. ...Continua Nascondi