Named Best Reference Book by the American Library Association. As it's name suggests, it is the industry's most comprehensive guide to the full spectrum of genealogical resources in America!
Whether you're a brand new genealogist trying to figure out where to begin, or a seasoned expert who's hit the proverbial brick wall The Source has the answers. Not only will it help you effectively use every imaginable type of genealogical record found in America, but you'll also learn how to take advantage of time-tested and cutting-edge research techniques, as well as ways to use your existing data as a springboard to more ancestral discoveries.
Learn where to find and how to use vital resources like:
- Databases, indexes, directories and other finding aids
- Birth, death and cemetery records
- Marriage and divorce records
- Census records Church records
- Court records Land & Tax records
- Military records Business and employment records
- And more!
Additional chapters focus on tracking ethnic origins using immigration records and other resources for Native American, African American, Hispanic, and Jewish-American research....Continua