Catalogue of the museum St. Nicholas' Church, Tallinn (Niguliste in Estonian). Bibl., ill. The church consecrated to merchants’ and seamen’s patron St Nicholas, is architectually one of the most integral and harmonious medieval churches in Estonia. The exposition comprises ecclesiastical art from 14th-20th centuries, including exquisite altarpieces and sculptures. The high altar (1478–1481) made in the workshop of Hermen Rode, the initial fragment of the famous painting "Danse Macabre" by Bernt Notke (end of the15th c.) and many others.