Welcome to the Golden Age of Radio and the best in classic mystery.
From 1939-1946 Americans gathered around their radio to listen to The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes -- featuring Basil Rathbone as the high strung crime solver and Nigel Bruce as his phlegmatic assistant, Dr. Watson.
Witty, fast-paced and always surprising, these great radio plays -- written by the prolific writing team of Anthony Boucher and Denis Green -- are as fresh today as they were then.
The latest audio technology was employed to bring the best audio quality and fidelity to the original performances, which feature nostalgic war-time announcements, original commercials and radio narrations.
This special CD edition includes 12 of the series' best episodes:
• The Case of the Out of Date Murder" and "The Waltz of Death
• Colonel Warburton's Madness" and "The Iron Box
• A Scandal in Bohemia" and "The Second Generation
• In Flanders Fields" and "The Eyes of Mr. Leyton
• The Tell Tale Pigeon Feathers" and "The Indiscretion of Mr. Edwards
• The Problem of Thor Bridge" and "The Double Zero